Westercon traditionally has two classes of membership: Supporting and Attending.
- Supporting members ($20) receive:
- convention progress reports
- convention program book
- can participate in site-selection voting to determine where Westercon 73 (in 2020) will be held!
- Attending members ($60 for adult, $30 for children) receive:
- all the benefits of supporting membership
- full access to on-site activities from July 4 through July 8 (you get to attend the convention for all 4+ days! 😀 )
- full access to the con suite, which prodides free snacks, drinks, and scheduled meals
Why “membership”? Two reasons: a lot of older conventions were started by clubs that had memberships, so attending the event gave you membership in that club, and secondly, Westercons keep up the tradition of encouraging attendees to actively partake in the event, through volunteering, adding content, or otherwise helping the event succeed.
The philosophy is that you have a “ticket” for something you passively observe or for something specific, like a carnival ride or playing in a specific RPG session; you have a membership (or pass or badge) for something larger and where you are a participant.
If you pre-supported us before July 3, 2016, or participated in the site-selection vote at which Denver was chosen, you are entitled to a discounted attending membership:
- Voting in the Westercon 71 site selection reduces your Attending Membership cost by $20.
- Pre-Supporting at least $25 reduced your Attending Membershp cost by your pre-support amount.
- If either of these are the case, simply choose the appropriate upgrade option. We will reach out to you if our records do not match your selection.
- Note: If you are unsure of which option to choose, please contact email@example.com.
- Any over-payments will be assumed to be a donation to Shiny Garden, the non-profit that is hosting Westercon 71, unless we hear otherwise from you.
Up to two children under 7 get in free with each accompanying adult attendee. (Adult supervision required at all times.)
Weekend and Day passes will be available at the door while attendance cap allows. Just come by the registration table!
Westercon is hosted by a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Donations may be tax deductible. Consult your tax professional.
We use the secure website Bloomerang and credit card processor Stripe to keep your information safe! Please follow the Registration button below to get started: